In less than 24 hours the Mexico team will gather at Hope Community Church and begin their journey south. Here is a brief look at our schedule for the week and a prayer pointers for each day. We trust that this will aid all of our prayer supporters in praying for us more specifically during the week!
Saturday, June 25th: fly from Seattle-Tacoma, WA to San Diego, CA; spend the night in San Diego
– Pray that God would knit our hearts together in the Gospel as we spend the day together.
Sunday, June 26th: drive from San Diego to Ensenada, Mexico
– Pray that God would give us safe travel across the border.
Monday, June 27th through Thursday, June 30th: normal work days in Ensenada (see below for daily schedule)
– Pray that God would strengthen us to be an encouragement to the church in Ensenada and a Gospel witness to any non-Christians we encounter.
Friday, July 1st: tourist activities in Ensenada in the morning and afternoon; drive from Ensenada back to San Diego in the evening
– Pray that God would give us safe travel back across the border and that the Holy Spirit guide us as we begin to process the experiences of the past week.
Saturday, July 2nd: fly from San Diego back to Seattle-Tacoma
– Pray that God would take our experiences on the trip and drive them deep into our hearts so that we arrive home more passionate about God, His Word, His Gospel, and His heart for the nations, and less in love with the fleeting things of this world.
Daily Schedule (Monday through Thursday)
7am – Wake up
7:30am – Morning chapel
8am – Breakfast
9am – Leave for job site(s)
11:30am – Lunch (at job site)
4-6pm – Leave for YUGO compound; free time until dinner
6pm – Dinner
7pm – Evening chapel
9:30pm – Team debrief and prayer
10pm – Lights out